Mellankelly: Too bad terminating an unwanted pregnancy (for any reason) isn't evil. Also, terminating an unwanted pregnancy most certainly solves the problem of not wanting to have a baby... so you're 0 for 2 per usual.
Your idea's about what a pregnancy should mean to a woman are completely irrelevant to anyone other than you. I know you fancy yourself a judge of truth and knowledge but when you do so, you are shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods (my favorite quote ever, thank you Einstein).
And dude... this is what an abortion at 6 weeks looks like (important to note that 63% are performed within eight weeks gestation - calculated from the beginning of the last menstrual period and 90% occur in the first trimester)
Mr. Jasper: 98% of abortions are elective, for matters of convienance
Mellankelly: Says you... this is how it breaks down (the most recent information)
- 74% Concern for/Responsibility to other Individuals
- 73% Cannot afford a baby now
- 69% A baby would interfere with school/employment/ability to care for dependents
- 48% Would be a single parent/having relationship problems
- 38% Have completed childbearing
* Most women who decide to terminate understand the responsibility of parenthood; a majority already have children
* 89% of women gave more than one reason - the average number of reasons being four.
* Each year, about 10,000 to 15,000 abortions occur among women whose pregnancies were the result of rape or incest
When you use words like "matters of convenience" you are belittling the struggles that real women (a majority) endure in their lifetime - which is not surprising considering that you will never experience those struggles. You come off misogynistic, I'm not sure if that is by accident or by nature.
I suppose I should thank you, Mr. Jasper, men like you are the reason why I will do everything in my power to ensure that women are given the respect they deserve and a guarantee that women and women alone get to decide the course of their own pregnancies... and my daughters will keep up the good fight when I'm gone... and their daughters will keep up the good fight... and so on and so on and so on. Merci.